Now, the title might scare you a little bit, but I want to improve the things I dislike about myself. I’ll only say the major ones because I don’t need my self-esteem pitfalling.
What I love about ME
- My weirdness has always help me get out of awkward situations. On the 2nd, I had to say a speech in front of my speech class. The speech was literally about me being weird, and I was funny enough in my speech that I felt comfortable enough in front of 25 people.
- My love of books has NEVER stopped me from doing anything (small lie, I had a hard time learning the 16 “The”s in German class Junior year). I’ve had reading inserted into my brain since I was young.
- Throughout the past couple years, I have changed a lot. At the end of year 10, my grandmother died and that affected me so much more than I realized it had. I’m coming back from those changes and with some added features. I think those changes define who I am today.
What I hate about ME
- My writing isn’t all that good, I’m gonna be real honest. I know some of you might disagree, but I suck in general. I can’t write essays over the grade of 75%, my research papers always have “More organization.” or “Better transition.” People sugar coat how well my writing it. I know I’m not good, so just critique me! Help me get better!
- My anxiety pulls me away in situations where I honestly just can’t come back from. I have a slight speech impediment where I repeat a lot of my sentences. So, I just embarrass myself (RECENT EXAMPLE!! Where I work, we sell HUGE pickles. I asked if someone wanted them quartered. Well, I said it wrong by saying “3 quarters pickled.” *sigh* I’ll never be talk good (that was intentional).
- I’M NOT WITTY AND I HATE IT. I never had good comebacks, or just walk past someone and say “cute bag.” My brain isn’t wired to work like that.
Now, someone out there might tell me to hang in there, or suck it up, but no. You can’t make me. I will improve what I dislike about myself whether you like it or not, buttercup!
Want to help improve the site? Become a Patron!