First post of the year! How exciting! I can’t believe that I’m finally posting this so late into the month. I’ve been working on a bigger project for the blog while looking for a new job, so I’ve been a little bit packed with stuff.. sorry y’all lol.
January is the second month of Winter (and the first full one). It’s the time for setting goals (and ultimately ending them before you can start them!) and relaxing after the holidays. Some people love everything about this time of year. The snow, the cold, really anything. Today, I will be sharing what I love about Winter (see title of post).
What I love includes:
- I can wear sweaters
- I honestly prefer sweaters over hoodies or sweatshirts. Winter is the time of year where I can wear a sweater and also a raincoat without being judged. Sweaters are my aesthetic and I will flaunt the shit out of that!
- Like in Summer, I love looking at campfires. It’s such a relaxing feeling you get while cozying up by a fire with someone or people you love. One of my first dates with my boyfriend was eating Chinese food and sitting by a fire (that he made. He looked very attractive while making it). Fireplaces are the way to go in the winter.
- Winter Boots
- I know this is kind of weird on its own, deal with it. I have Bearpaw heel winter boots that are the cutest pair of boots I’ve ever owned to date. Winter is the only time that I feel good wearing them. Yeah, I can wear them in Fall and early Spring, but Winter is the time where my toes are always cold (poor blood circulation) and my boots keep them warm!
- It’s heated blanket season yall
- Do I really need to say more?
- My allergies aren’t as awful
- I have awful seasonal allergies. Pollen, grass, dust mites, and mold. There aren’t that many ways to combat my allergies in the Spring. With three of my allergies, I can just avoid them easily. Don’t sit in the grass and clean the heck out of my house. Pollen causes hayfever. I have to take an allergy pill every day as is, but I don’t go outside in the Spring. In Winter, all I have to do is clean, and that feels amazing.
- There are no bugs
- I hate bugs.
- I don’t sweat unless the heats on too high.
If you’ve noticed by now, Snow isn’t on the list. I absolutely hate snow. I love playing in it with my friends, but I’ve had a lot of car issues since getting my car and I’m not excited to drive to work in ice. You see, in my area, we don’t get beautiful puffy snow. We get ice. No one knows how to drive in snow. Hell, I live in Oregon and no one knows how to drive in the RAIN. I’m just salty, though.
There are many other things that should go on this list, but these are many favorites. I know some people will be upset with my maybe controversial opinion, but oh well.
Also! With my bigger project for the blog in the works, I’ll only be posting Friday and Wednesday. This’ll be a good schedule for me, and you. So expect something on Wednesday the 23rd!
New post Every Wednesday and Friday!